Corner View: Potatoes with... EVERYTHING!

>> Wednesday, February 6, 2013



Yes, everything!  Even with champagne for BREAKFAST!  That's a fritata in my plate.  Yummy!
My theory on potatoes is very simple.  Just eat them!  Carbs?  Yeah ANDDDD????  Sophia Loren used to reply to compliments on her banging figure by simply stating: "Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."  Well I reply to adoring exclamations by thanking potatoes.  Well actually in my case, I can thank spaghetti, potatoes, steaks, and all kinds of other foods, I don't like to discriminate or give too much preferential treatment to any one food.  ;)

I really don't like it when people complain about their bodies.  Why? That's so boring and unproductive.  If it's something that can be helped and you want to help it, then do it, don't complain about it.  If it's something that can't be helped like your height or shape, then what's the point being unhappy about it!?

What makes you really beautiful and attractive is how you see yourself and your life.  Being happy is the one and only factor that makes you either incredibly attractive or not. Yes you should be neat and dress nice, these are basics, but what makes you HOT, sexy, beautiful, is the way you feel and act.

There is something to be said for the big fake "American Smile".  IT WORKS!  Force yourself into a huge smile for a minute and you will feel happy.  Idiotic a bit too, but happy nevertheless.

I'm militant about insisting on everyone being happy and if they're not I send them for a run around the block.

So yeah that's right, potatoes with everything!!!!
More corner views here.

18 comments:

tanïa February 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM  

Truly spoken words and most of the time I'm absolutely with you. I don't like people complaining about their bodys either. I'll never count calories, I don't even have scales! There might be some days, that make it hard or impossible to feel happy or pretty, which is okay unless it won't become an attitude towards life. I'm down with influenza at the moment so of course I don't feel pretty or happy at all today, but: I still love potatoes! With everything! ;o)

Kristin February 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM  

You are absolutely right. It helps to not whine and dieting does not help. Healthy eating, a run around the block AND a beautiful smile. That's it.

Elizabeth February 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM  

You have a good attitude. and a fine looking frittata.

Alla February 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM  

why Elizabeth! are you flirting with me!?? ;)

J {*sparklingly} February 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM  

Amen to all of the above! I've always had that Sophia Loren quote on my Facebook "about" section. Feel it's a good, feisty representation of all the things I believe in.

If and when I do leave these United States, I will definitely miss the American smile (of course, will also take it with me). :)

likeschocolate February 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM  

I totall agree! Thanks you for he uplifting message this week! Now I am going to go enjoy my carbs!

Francesca February 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM  

i too love my carbs (especially when they come in sparkling form)!
very nice, happy pic!

Dana February 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM  

you have a happy heart! so good to see it today!
d

Menthe Blanche February 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM  

Totally agree with you ;) Have a nice day!

Le monde dÖ February 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM  

Potatoes can give lessons of life! great!

shayndel February 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM  

I like your potatoes with positive philosophy!!
Your gusto for life shines through!
Campaii!! (cheers;))

Anonymous,  February 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM  

cheers to the good carbs :)

alexis February 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM  

amen on that thought the weather is a hard one.

Emily February 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM  

How very Dutch of you, Ale! ;) I love me some taters too, although the sweets here in Belgium use up the majority of my caloric allotment. Love the positive attitude as well! :D

Erica February 11, 2013 at 5:25 PM  

Oh, I'm all about potatoes with everything... what is there not to love about potatoes?!! I'll have to try them with champagne too! ;)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) February 13, 2013 at 8:48 PM  

Me me me, I LOVE spuds mmmmmm. But we have bad bitter greenish ones here so you can imagine how much of it I eat when I go to the US!!!

I agree about smiling. It helps others too.

Have you heard about the laughing club in India?

Alla February 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM  

GG - yes I have heard about the laughing club in India! they're fantastic!!

Emily - you do live very close to 'danger' I mean any country that translates 'hot chocolate' literally as a cup of melted chocolate is pure danger zone!!!

thanks all for supporting the potato philosophy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP