Ok, let's make a deal...

>> Thursday, February 28, 2013

I never talk about my work.  But I'd like to share this with you.  I'm in sales, every year I negotiate service contract prices with my clients.  Every year I hear the same story from all my clients.  Here are a few examples:

HUGE Bank: you can't raise our prices.
Me: why not?
HUGE Bank: blablabla...tough economy...excuses...excuses that don't make sense... blabla
Me: ok, let's make a deal, I don't raise your price and you stop sending me emails about how you're lowering the interest % on my savings account for the 6th time this year.  Ok?


TAX Body or other: you can't raise our prices
Me: why not?
TAX Body or other: blablablaaaaa...limited budget...blabla....blaaaaa... excuses that make no sense...bllaaaaaa
Me: ok, let's make a deal, I don't raise your price and you don't raise my taxes this year.  OK?

Cosmetics Conglamorate: we want X, Y, Z service thrown in for free with this year's contract.
Me: you'll have to pay for the X, Y, Z service, it won't be free.
Cosmetics Conglamorate: but...blabla ... blaabla booohooooo waaahhh blaaaa
Me: ok, let's make a deal, I'll throw in X, Y, Z service for free to your contract and you send me free make-up for equal amount, I'll email you my list tomorrow.  OK?


My clients LOVE me!

(disclaimer: this post of course a work of fiction in it's entirety, and this blog is a work of purely creative expression.   Anything  described resembling real life events are purely coincidental) ;) ;)

My lawyer LOVEs me!


4 comments:

Anonymous,  February 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM  

You know what's funny is that they really do sound like that. Blaaa blaaahaa boooohooo end of the fiscal year bladeeedaaaa waaaah waaaah but why should I have to pay for that...[ml]

cadiz12 February 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM  

They totally do! You tell 'em!

My old boss totally used to work in bartering all the time. He got some SWEET handmade bookshelves inexchange for some work.

Emily March 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM  

Hahaha, those all sound like totally reasonable demands to me ;)

alexis March 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM  

LOL. We will have to talk about your contract negotiation skills next time we get together, clearly I can learn something.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP