Dieting is fun to do!

>> Monday, May 26, 2008

WHY are Mondays such a PAIN in the REARRRR!!!????????

Whyyyyhhaaaiiii???????

Ok, so this whole weekend I did nothing but EAT. We met up with friends for a picnic at the park where we had all kinds of scrumptiousness and deliciousness accompanied by white and red "GRAPE JUICE". Well, that is how we had to refer to it after we were acosted by cops. "Sorry guys you can't consume alcohol here, you see that statue over there? Only in that area can you drink alcohol". Well, fine so we'll put the offensive bottles away and carry on with the grape "juice''. Hmm... I wonder if that's how they invisioned their carreer as they sat through police accademy...

Then on sunday I spent an afternoon at High Tea to celebrate a firend's birthday at this super amazing place De Bakkerswinkel. OH......

So I am officially on a DIET!

Today for dinner I cooked up some leeks for myself in plain water. I also cooked a vegetable soup with meatballs for Vito. I went on to eating the leaks... they were yummy. But then I some how ended up adding some cheese and sour cream to them. I also made a delicious bean salad with olive oil, garlic and lime juice for this week... then I ate the whole thing.... Then I decided to try Vito's soup just to make sure it tasted fine... and had 2 bowls...

But apparently that's what happens when you go on a diet, because you're 'depriving' yourself you end up eating more of EVERYTHING ELSE!

Ok, I'll let you know how it goes... :)

9 comments:

Michael Podolny May 27, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

I've found that the most effective diet that I ever did was calorie counting. And when I say that I mean measuring everything that you put into a recipe. What this does is teach you where calories are found (which is not as intuitive as it might seem), what X amount of something looks like so when you eat out you can guesstimate what you are intaking, and (if you like to cook) provides a spur to create tasty, filling dishes that do not have you feeling deprived.

cadiz12 May 27, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

seriously, all i've been doing these days is eating too!
we had a meatball and pasta feast this weekend, complete with snacks, chips, salsa, and coffee cake.

mmmm. i think portion control is the best way to diet; and lots and lots of small meals. also walking long distances in a hurry (late to work!) and breakdancing. i really should get back to the breakdancing...

alexis May 27, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

exercise is the only thing that works for me.

Ale May 27, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

thanks for the advice- i usually also say excersize is the only thing that works for me- but i have been eating way too much bread so thats not cool

i did better today- for lunch i had salad with lettuce tuna and green beans (2 portions) dinner, greek salad and leek soup...

naechstehaltestelle May 29, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

I do the same thing with the pasta salad I make for the week. I make it then eat all of it. Good luck with your diet.

My Strange Paradise... June 2, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

For some reason the only way that i can diet properly is when i exercise... I feel like if i drag my butt to the gym - then i may as well keep up the work and eat properly and healthy!

Oh and not drinking as much helps me too...

Good Luck!

Jaime Randle June 16, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog... but I did and I'm also making the moving from the tri-state area to the NL! Unfortunately I have no sexy manstud waiting for me, but I'm going to au pair for a year. Your blog has been fun and insightful and I sat at work for a couple days straight reading theeeeee entiiiiireee thing! GET BACK TO WRITING, PLEASE! xoxo

Ale June 17, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

jaime, thanks, glad you are enjoying!

i'm having a moment right now.. trying to figure out a new ängle for the blog? hmm... hope to start writing more often though for sure!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP