Chicken kotletki

>> Thursday, December 27, 2012

So!?  How was it???????????  :)

My Christmas was very sweet, we celebrated at Vito's mom's house as usual.  We all brought a dish over and I made a jr mistake of eating too much of my mom in law's home made salmon mouse for starters that literally I didn't have room for anything else!  I had to lamely say that I'm saving room for desserts...

I was also tasked with contributing to the holiday meal and I went all "Ukrainian Nostalgia" this year!

I made Chicken balls for starters and a Honey Cake.  Here is the recipe for the Kotletki :)  SUPER EASY!

Getting happy

Ukrainian chicken kotletki (balls)

1lb ground chicken meat
3 slices of bread (white or brown)
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 green onion chopped
1 large garlic clove finely chopped
1 table spoon of lemon juice
1 tsp dried dill (or fresh)
1 tsp dried basil
2 tbs of oil

Prepare:
Soak 3 slices of bread in the milk then squeeze out the milk from the bread.  Tear the breads into small chunks and throw into the mixing bowl.
Put the ground chicken meat into the mixing bowl.
Crack an egg into he bowl as well as the chopped onion, green onion and garlic.  Add the herbs, salt and pepper.   Mix everything together.  I just use my hands... I always liked squeezing the stuff through my fingers..

Warm up a large pan and the oil.  Make larger or smaller balls from the meat mixture and cook in batches if necessary on medium to low heat.  Few minutes on each side should do it, depending if you made larger or smaller balls.

Make smaller sized balls for starters, or larger burger sized ones and serve as main course with some potatoes and veggies.

WARNING: This is very garlicky.  If you're planning to kiss people later that day who have NOT eaten the same balls, leave out the garlic.  But then again, the balls will be so sad without the garlic.



3 comments:

zhanna December 30, 2012 at 1:40 AM  

My daughter loves these!! Have a happy New Year
XO,
Zhanna
www.lifeandbows.com

alexis January 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM  

they look good, hopefully you were only kissing other garlicy people.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP