Corner View: Five Scenes

>> Wednesday, January 23, 2013



Do you have secret notebooks where you make schemes and draw intricate designs on hitting that goal you've set for yourself, hitting the sun or at least a few stars?  I believe very much in the power of the "written word".  I used to have a little 'plan' that I carried in my wallet during college years and let me tell you, it really works!  You write stuff down, then make it happen.  Simple.

I'm excited to see my friend J of Sparklingly draw up a really nice meaty plan for the year!  I have not done this in a while, not for 2 years at least!, so it's time to pick up some arms.

Unlike J, I keep my schemes TOP SECRET.  Why?  Simply because they are SO BOGUS, SO OUT THERE that literally I'll be laughed out of the Internets.  You know when I told my extended family that I'm moving to Europe with a gorgeous Dutch Man?  Exactly one month prior to departure.  I kept my year long world wind international relationship completely secret and only told them I'm leaving when the date was set. I didn't want to reveal anything lest they give me a reaction (fittingly) pointing out to how far fetched and crazy the whole thing sounded.  I did not want them or anything to break my concentration, my vision.

But that's me.  For many it helps to be kept accountable by witnesses.  I on the other hand am of the philosophy "If I tell you, I'll have to...." you know.  :)

All I'm going to say is that there is a NOTEBOOK.  There is even a ....PEN.  (!!!)

How is this related to the Corner View entitled FIVE SENSES?  Well, you know how a lion sees a dashing gazelle and MUST charge it, I read that even if the lion wanted, he could not, NOT go for it as his instinct completely takes over and makes him charge.  So I say, to get what you want in life you must focus all your five senses towards visualizing that whatever it is you want to accomplish and like a lion charge after it until you can feel and taste the warm blood oozing from behind your teeth.  :) :)      

Warning: Always practice safety, don't forget to wear your helmet when "charging" and maintain rigorous oral hygiene by brushing and flossing after each meal.

Theme: Heather
Hosted by:  Francesca

11 comments:

Le monde dÖ January 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM  

Lovely written link between a note book and the senses!!! Groarrr

Elizabeth January 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM  

A unique take on the theme.
Now we want to see more than ever what's in the notebook!

Unknown January 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM  

I have my own...letters handwritten have something special

J {*sparklingly} January 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM  

Thanks for the shoutout, dear!

You know I haven't been as continuously "on" online, like you have over the years, so it took me a bit before I decided to hit publish on my intentions, even though they aren't necessarily shocking (also helps that no one in my daily life has found me online). My friends say I can keep things to myself, which I suppose is true, because like you, I do still have a few that are top secret. ;)

So curious to know what your green book contains! I love out there and outrageous.

Kristin January 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM  

I like the notebook - beautiful color. I write again to mind, but too little. It helps to collect thoughts.

kat January 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM  

What an inspiring story! I'd like to give a try and start writing..

Erica January 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM  

Oh, wow!! If only I could get my hands on your secret notebook!! ;)

I have one I carry around with me everywhere to jot inspiring thoughts in. It isn't technically secret, but I always fee a bit awkward if someone thumbs through it.

tanïa January 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM  

Well, now I'm curious about your plans!
And I'll start pondering about mine, too...
Maybe I should go and get such a nice notebook and then...start dreaming, planning, creating my future...sounds good, thanks for that! ;o)

Heather January 24, 2013 at 4:24 AM  

I, too, keep a journal. Mine is a mixed bags of plans, goals, daily happenings, things I hear,see, want to hear, want to see... I love going back through old journals to see how far I've come or not come :-)

Alla January 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM  

Oh sweet that you're curious about what is in the little green notebook! It's inspiring me to make it REALLY outrageous!! Also it's telling me that YOU all have super secret wild plans and schemes even if you don't write them down.... now, where to see those...!???
Yes please focus and make crazy plans- when I will see you take steps to achieve them- it'll inturn inspire me too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP