>> Thursday, January 8, 2009
The winter season. If you're in the northern leaning regions I'm sure that many of you are experiencing some form of the seasonal blues. Depression is such a yukky word so let's not use it, I prefer saying the 'blues' because it makes me think of Louisiana and fun old men singing while people are chowing down jambalaya.
Anyway, I thought I would be nice and share my infinite wisdom with all you mare mortals. I will outline here exactly how to beat the seasonal blues OR even worse the D word.
As you start feeling the symptoms which could include: low energy, constant munching on the couch in front of TV, mood swings, not being in the mood for your favorite sweater... etc.. you should immediately start executing the official "Sunny all the time Super System for anti Blues".
1. Get a PEDICURE. Or if you're in the Netherlands where it's impossible to get a decent pedi, you can do it yourself. The most important thing is the color. These are the approved color list:
a. Fire engine RED
b. The Dutch Royal ORANGE
c. Little mermaid on a CORAL reef
d. The only blues on me are on my toes ELECTRIC BLUE
e. I'm a lady that gets paid for her affections in South Beach HOT PINK
2. Next you get yourself to the nearest lingerie shop and buy something completely inappropriate for the cold winter weather. Silk and lace!? Bring it ON!
3. Change your hair. A slightly different cut? Maybe more highlights then usual?
4. Get a new eye shadow or a new lip gloss, new perfume even!!
5. In the morning dress as if you're meeting prince Harry for drinks after work. (Why prince Harry and not prince William? Well because we like young thangs! And we looooove red heads.)
6. Extra exercise. (Hmm this should be number 1 actually).
7. Take good multi vitamins - they so totally work I so promise you! For real!
Now here comes the most important thing*******
This program must be continually followed for 6 WEEKS.
I must add however that what worked VERY well for me last year was a 3 week trip to Argentina last February!!!! Ah... oh well... this year inappropriate undies and red toes will just have to do I guess.... ;)