Learning life lessons and how Laundry can be utilized as the vehicle with which to learn those lessons.

>> Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wow it works!
 
email blogging works!!! and i was 'afraid to learn it'.
 
This is yet another the classic case of blondness. 
 
Do you know that I was able to hold off learning how to do laundry till about 26.  What's even MORE amusing is that people seemed to be OK with doing the laundry for me.
 
Here is how I did it:
 
birth - 11 - mommy did my laundry
11-14 - summer camp - the younger kids managed the washing machine and drier for me and thought it a privilege
College years - my roommate did my laundry or I would take it home on the weekends
1 year in Italy - my roommate did it... AND since we didn't have a dryer she'd hang it outside on the balcony
about 1 year living in California - my roommates did it and when I moved to my own apartment, I'd bring the laundry to my cousin down the street to do it.
1 year living in Manhattan - took it home on weekends
 
THEN I finally decided to learn how to do it and it was EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO easy!!!!!
 
Anyway, the brief moment of nirvana ended when I moved to the Netherlands and the washing machine was in dutch... and had a whole lot of more settings....
 
1st year in Holland - Vito did the laundry
 
2nd year in Holland - I learned some Dutch now I can speak to the washing machine... it is harder though then the american machine.  You have to read the clothing labels to see the suggested temperature then select matching one on the dile, then decide weather or not the clothes are black, white or mixed, rough, delicate or synthetic..?? WTF? THEN.... not to mention the same story repeats itself when it comes to drying... do you want it: dry? very dry? or extremely dry?
 
So my point was that I refrained from learning how to email blog for SUCH a long time, but it turned out to be EASY.
 
Homework kids, go try something you've never tried because you thought it was too complicated, come back and report.
 

3 comments:

cadiz12 January 7, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

holy crap, ale, i knew you were charming but how the HECK did you convince all of those non-family-members to wash your chonies all those years?

so does this mean more frequent posts? hooray!

alexis January 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

wow, I am gonna see if I an also blog from email, but it'd be a lot easier if I could do it from work email...

Ale January 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

cadiz i DONT know!! still a mystery to me...maybe they wanted to feel superior to me with all their laundering knowledge

alexis you totally can! in settings you adjust your 'mail to email' and what you do is just EMAIL your blog to that address from wherever. seriously so easy trust me

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP