wrong answer

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009


OK fine, I can do some cultural commentary as well. Here is what went on last weekend in the wilderness of Holland! They froze the field and skated on it. I got a bit nostalgic over my childhood in Kiev... we did the same thing. As a proper little girl I had my cute white skates and was skating around pretending to be a Snegurachka, or sometimes Snezjinka... sometimes even a little white furry bunny... that's probably because I had a white rabbit fur hat.
Anyway, funny thing is that the Dutch think they're the only ones that do this. Maybe they should not feel blind confidence that just because they travel a lot they understand the world. Understanding the world involves making friends with the people from those lands.
Let's take the USA for example. The Dutch think that they know everything about the US and Americans. When I ask them how many actual Americans they have met - most of them reply: Joey, Chandler, Monica, Rachel, Ross and Phoebe. Wow, like omg, that's SO crazy! I totally know a TV SHOW with the same exact people! How cool!

1 comments:

cadiz12 January 17, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

when i was in spain EVERYONE was obsessed with Friends, too. they got a lot of weird ideas from that show. like eveyone in NYC is white, middle/upperclass, and hangs out with just six people in a coffeeshop all the time.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP