>> Thursday, March 20, 2008


In exactly ONE week it'll be my b-day. Hint: it's a BIG round NUMBER! I don't mind it's ok, it's ok (repeat ten times, stop, repeat again.) But really I actually don't mind because I still look 17 and trying desperately to dress appropriately and even put away my very mini-minis just so I can arrive at looking my actual age! People say, Oh it's GREAT! you're so lucky you look young, when you're 50 you'll look 35. Yeah right! I'm sure it doesn't work that way... I'll probably look 20 till 35 and after that I'll start looking 50. So basically I will skip out on everything between 35 and 50!? That's not fun.

Lets see, here are advantages for looking way younger...

1. Paying for a 16 and under juniors pass to go to the pool... at 26
2. Skiing at a big discount on a junior pass (16 and under).... at 28
When I was in my senior year of High School my family moved from NY to Chicago. I got hit on by ALL kinds of FRESHMEN! Imagine the embarrassment when some little boy with his cap on backwards would stroll into my AP English and hand me a note from his "friend". YES a NOTE! Like, if you like me check the BOX. But I thought it was funny... I always kinda had a thing for younger men.... Though maybe its because they were the only ones that would approach me...

However, I annoyingly had to try really hard to look older (my age) to be taken seriously... like wearing fake glasses to a job interview (I got the job... then slowly fazed out the glasses). Getting carded EVERYWHERE (well now in Europe this does not happen of course). Here I can drink all kinds of drinkies to my heart's delight and not have to show my id. I can have like 21 beers a night and no one will even blink! Just kidding! That was only that one time! (ok, two times..)

Well before we party hardy for my birthday.... we shall party on over a 4 DAY WEEKEND for Easter! whoohooo! Also my b-day party will have to be sometime in April since many of my superfabulous and glamorous friends are traveling.... China, North Carolina, Paris... Sydney! (Ha! don't you love it, NC is now an exotic destination!)

Hope the weather will play along. Snow is expected on Saturday! BTW the picture above, I took in my neighborhood this winter. It never actually snowed, but it was just FROSTY everywhere.

Weird Holland.

chhiiiaow!

4 comments:

cadiz12 March 19, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

you're going to be 100? dayum, girl, you're going to have to let me in on the secret to looking 17!

vespa rossa (vespa.rosso@gmail.com),  March 20, 2008 at 2:21 AM  

How exciting!!! Happy birthday!!! Have a wonderful time celebrating this weekend and next week on your actual birthday ;)

alexis March 20, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

wow you make us all sound so glamorous. That's why I hang out with you, in hopes of eternal youth and glamor rubbing off.

naechstehaltestelle March 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

You still look, and are, fabulous! Happy almost bday!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP