Keep your man happy - 2 simple steps!

>> Monday, September 24, 2012

This Sunday was romantic.  When our blond butterball was having a nap, Vito and I decided to do something we've been planing for a few weeks (more him then me)....  It involved sweating for three hours!  Vito thought it was so romantic that I did it with him.   Afterwords he said: "Wow, that was a perfect Sunday afternoon!".

We took out paints and refreshed our walls downstairs.

Yes, that's right.  We PAINTED our walls for three hours straight.  And Vito thought it was romantic.

Men.

We women go crazy thinking up all these complicated ways of being happy and making our men happy. Every time I come to a conclusion that my grandmother was so right!  She told me that to keep a husband happy (and out of trouble), wife should make sure of TWO things:

- his hands are always occupied
- he is physically exhausted

(and you thought this applied only to a toddler!)

MUST KEEP THIS IN MIND next time I'm drawn to plan a romantic day with him.

Hmm... maybe next Sunday I suggest we chop a tree down and make some wooden furniture...  Or clean out the garage??  Or weed the garden??  Or simply move stacks of bricks from one side to the other...

Now just imagine how much romance will be in my life when Jr. gets older!

All joking aside, I do have to say, I'm very oblivious when it comes to "structural home needs".   If it wasn't for Vito, the paintings would still be leaning against the walls, there would be no furniture in the house... and the warmth would be coming from a small campfire in the middle of the living room...

4 comments:

alexis September 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM  

Lol - love your grandmother's advise. Though I'm not sure that would always make my hubs happy. He likes his downtime!

Anonymous,  September 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

That is some damn good advice! Also, pictures please :)
VR

Alla September 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM  

:) yes, probably more applicable to Latin or Slavic man, rather then an English gentleman. I mean, an English gentleman won't even speak to a hooker without a formal introduction... that could be a pretty good barrier to 'entry'. hehe, barrier to "entry" i kill myself!

cadiz12 September 26, 2012 at 4:50 AM  

ha ha, that's hilarious. i love that Vito is so practical. my husband thinks talking about gadgets is fun--YAWN. i'll be so happy if i don't have to hear about the latest new phone, but i will never be that lucky.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP