Corner View - Jewelry

>> Wednesday, October 17, 2012

When I moved to the Netherlands I took all my mom's rings with me and kinda forgot to mention it to her.  It didn't take her long to figure it out though and was OK with it.  She only had one advice: "Wear them!  Wear them EVERYDAY!  Don't wait for special occasions!".  (Exclamation points are because mom always talked with animation, ALWAYS!).

This ring is my absolute favorite.  It's silver with amethyst stone.  And the story goes, when my mom was 21 and just graduated the Moscow State University, she went out with her classmates to celebrate, and during the evening she went into the fashionable mall and bought herself this ring for what at that time was amount equivalent to a month's stipend (Yes, students got PAID in Russia).

Anyway, every time I wear it, and I do very often, I think of the pretty, slender, brunette long time ago who no doubt giggling and using many exclamations, along with her girlfriends went into the mall and bought herself this little present.  I hope I have a daughter and I can give her this ring and tell her how I took it from my mom when I 'ran off' to the Netherlands with my Prince.  :)


Ring fit for a queen.



Corner View theme by Elsa

Hosted by Francesca
Invented by Jane

12 comments:

Menthe Blanche October 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM  

I love this ring and the story too! Your ring more precious with such a story :)

nadine paduart October 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM  

why yes, ale! the story is in place already! talkin' 'bout romantic...
and beautifil it is too...
n♥

Anonymous,  October 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM  

what a nice story ... and wow. this is a beautiful ring :)

alexis October 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM  

love the story plus the ring. :)

Bonnie October 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM  

great ring. great story !!

Heather October 18, 2012 at 3:14 AM  

Both the ring and the story are beautiful!!! (I added two exclamation points for your mom :-) )

CoastWithMe October 18, 2012 at 3:48 AM  

What a beautiful ring and love the story behind it:)! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I'm following you now on bloglovin! Do you have GFC?

Francesca October 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM  

isn't this the real value of jewels? the stories and the memories that come with them?
(hmm, I guess I'm a question mark kind of person :))

Emily October 18, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

Awww, what a special story! I'm sure it makes you smile every time you wear the ring :)

Alla October 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM  

thanks ladies!

Francesca - hehe ? love it! I would classify myself as ... person :)

Rita what is "GFC" i googled it and got "global financial crisis"...

Unknown October 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM  

Lovely one, the kind of ring I will wear everyday too

cadiz12 October 20, 2012 at 3:09 AM  

what a beautiful ring to remember a wonderful lady. how nice that you have something of hers to treasure and pass along with a story. jewelry is way better when there's a story.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP