Early Retirement. Yes please!

>> Thursday, October 25, 2012

My BFF and I were chatting the other day.  (That's right! It's perfectly OK for a grown woman to have a BFF and refer to the BFF as "BFF"...ok???)  So we were talking about how seemingly boring our lives are now.  I told her, I WANT my life "boring".  I love it when everyone is HOME (and preferably sleeping).

my cousin and I somewhere on a rooftop in NYC... the PINK the blond, the tans... says it all. 

Yes it's true, if we're comparing our lives now to when we were 20 something and out every single night, falling in love at least three times per week, staying up till 5am and going to work two hours later....  Though believe it or not back then I remember feeling bored and now I don't.  Now days I have to choose which social interaction to have since I can't really participate in everything, and it's perfectly acceptable (since you know: "... the kid, the kid...").  Yes life is quieter and more relaxed, but boring?  No, I would not call it that - restful is more the right word.

So now when people ask me "So what's going on?  What are you up to?" I proudly say with a smile, "Thank goodness NOTHING, just this and that, walks in the park... home stuff..." and think to myself, I don't "HAVE" to be up to anything anymore, I can watch Jr. grow and pretty much anything I do on top of that is extra bonus points.  So bring on more of the BORING!!!

My BFF said: You're RETIRED at 34???  I said: I like the sound of that! :P  ((now if we could only make it official where there was no 9-5))

(Then I told her to hurry up and have a kid so she can join me in "retirement")
Hurray!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM  

You and I see COMPLETELY eye to eye on this!
Vespa Rossa/Sparklingly

Kristin October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM  

Haha! Love this! You're so right - "boring" can be good! I also love that you have a BFF and call her your BFF. I call mine that, but she thinks it's silly - b/c we're grownups. I think I shall refer her to your post ;-). Have a lovely evening!

Alla October 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM  

yes you just send her over here Kristin and I'll straighten her out! ;) hehe

VR- ok, so which part do you see eye to eye with me on?? early retirement or hurrying up and having kids :) :) :) jk, i'm not pressuring noone into nothin'!

Erica October 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM  

Oh, I love 'retirement' too. ;)

So comforting to have a simple, quiet life. :)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) November 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM  

Boring? Nah.

While puttering around my home, I was thinking about your blog. Your life isn't boring. It's filled with love and family, food, friends, and a sunny outlook.

Boring is for the cynics.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP