BFF needs dissipline... and ceviche recipe.

>> Friday, November 9, 2012

So again my BFF was getting out of hand the other day.  How do you manage your time?  She asked.  Hmm... Well, I kinda sorta don't do anything so I have plenty of time for "it all"!  I said.  And of course she thought I was trying to be rude and obnoxious.

After more detailed discussions it turns out that I do A LOT!!!!!!!!!!  I have a full time job.  Granted I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home some days and thus save 2 hours of commute time.  But still it's a full time job.
I cook dinner...
Vito and I hang out with Jr...
But then he goes to bed at 7pm and till 10.30pm we have time to do whatever we want.
Once a week possibly I go out with the girls.  And once a week Vito has football.
So my BFF convinced me that I indeed have a packed schedule.
To me that's doing NOTHING.
To me "doing things" is when I'm working on some "BIG" projects or other, and I just don't consider making dinner, or having a light social life very time consuming.  Or doing little home improvement stuff.  Or any other home stuff.  My only 'BIG' project at the moment is Jr. and that's pretty much my only saving face activity, at least I'm accomplishing something - helping a human being grow.  Remember that was my delema for even blogging, since I do nothing so this blog will be about "nothing''.

To me a relaxing day is a day when every minute is PLANNED with activities.  If all I have to do in a day is "relax" I'll probably get really angry and stressed, maybe a bit violent.  So to answer her question about how I manage my time, I still stand by my: I don't need to MANAGE my time, I do NOTHING!  (breathe... breathe... breathe...)

I was complaining about this very thing to my dad the other day.   "Paaappppiiiiii!!!!!! (pouty lip)  Jr. grew 5 new teeth in the last 5 month!!!!!  What have I done? NOTHING!!!!"

My dad, and that's why he is the greatest ever, said.  "Ok, but who is Jr's mother?  Who feeds him?  Who plays with him and helps him grow?"

"I guess.... I do.... (lip is still pouty)"

"Well, then him growing 5 new teeth is just as much YOUR accomplishment!"

"....Really....?"

"Of course!"

"REALLY!!!????  Yeeeeeey!!!!!!!!!  I have done SOMETHING in the last 5 months after all!!!!"

Thank goodness for daddy, he just always knows what to say to cheer me up.



You know what else cheers me up!?  CEVICHE!!!  I made this sexy little thing for a started for the "manly" party.  The men LOVED it!

Take mini crevettes, avocado, sweet red pepper,  cilantro, (if your husband approves of it) chop it up into tiny squares except for the crevettes.  One juice of lemon and a pinch of paprika.  Let it all marinate in the fridge for an hour or so.  Serve in martini glasses.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Stephanie @ henry happened November 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM  

sometimes I feel like the busier I am, the more things I get done! I just get in the "zone" :)

alexis November 9, 2012 at 8:20 PM  

I think you have to accept with children that doing something takes on a different parameter. And it is a good thing that you make time for it!

cadiz12 November 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM  

your father is a very insightful man.

i totally get more done, the busier i am. no time for nonsense!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP