Corner View - Longing for....Christmas in Reykjavik?!?

>> Wednesday, November 7, 2012


I just LOVE the two men in the video, they just seem like they'd be such fun dinner guests!!!  I love how the one man just keeps on talking excitedly and the other one just smiles and nods, and I don't know, maybe looks like he is just a tinsey bit laughing at his partner.  So CUTE!  I must show this to Vito so he understands how he should act when I talk and talk excitedly.  He currently rolls his eyes... and even violently protests some things that I say.  He thinks he is so tough.  Does he still not know that 'resistance is futile'???  I thought I proved that to him the day we got married!?

Anyway, I've been recently obsessed by everything Iceland and having come across this video I instantaneously got inspired to start creating some of my very own Christmas traditions.  I grew up in Ukraine and back in the day we had the tree for New Year's Eve, and the presents were exchanged to ring in the New Year with new stuff.  It was a magical night when kids got to stay up till midnight and we ate a very elaborate dinner prepared by the women in the family and watched the obligatory New Year's Eve musical program on tv.  It was something out of this world for a kid.  I'm really looking forward to start to create something like that for us.  For now though I just want to grab the whole family and fly over to Iceland, stalk the two men down and see if they'd invite us all over for Christmas dinner!

Theme by Kasia

Hosted by Francesca
Invented by Jane

12 comments:

Kristin November 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM  

Christmas in Iceland?I imagine very nice.

Happy day!

Heather November 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM  

Wouldn't Christmas is Iceland be wonderful?! It looks lovely! I had hoped to visit Iceland this year, but sadly my bank account would not allow it :-(

Anonymous,  November 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM  

I love these peoples' spirit! I'm inspired to enter the darkness of New England winter with a smile :) Or at least I'll try!

Alla November 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM  

yes Heather I'm with ya, oh the stupid bank account!! He is ALWAYS so negative about all my ideas!

Theresa November 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM  

I'm getting there, now that our weather has cooled a bit. :)

alexis November 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM  

after the near perpetual darkness of winter in Amsterdam, I find myself a little less excited about true perpetual darkness in Iceland. But maybe in the summer it's nice.

Francesca November 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM  

I think I could take Icelandic cold during Christmas time, it may even be very ... Christmassy! :)

likeschocolate November 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM  

Beautiful! I smiled too at the two guys! You better have a warm coat and some long johns. Would love to visit without children.

Alla November 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM  

Theresa...oh I see, so you go to Iceland to warm up..? :)
Alexis - so CLEARLY you're not a 'hopeless romantic'?
Francesca - ..hot coco...mmmmmm!
Kelleyn - leave the kiddos go with the hubby for a long weekend!

Kari November 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

after watching your video I think I'm ready for Christmas in Germany. I love it. It looks cold but wonderful at the same time.

Emily November 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM  

Oooh Iceland is supposed to be wonderful... I can only imagine how beautiful it must be over Christmas. Send me a postcard when you get there? ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP