Cooooookieee!

>> Friday, November 30, 2012

Jr. is nearing the big 2 birthday.  Only now Vito and I are begging to feel like we live with a third PERSON instead of like a cute pet (that poops a lot).

Jr. is decisively deciding to make more decisions on his own.  Like what shoes he should wear, and more alarmingly... what shoes mama should wear.  He now decides which way his hair should be brushed and there was a bit of a commotion in the bathroom this morning when he tried to "adjust" papa's hair.

Mostly though his newly discovered decision making ability is exercised around food.  Coupled with the new found love for talking this is what we hear all day long:

Cookie! cookie mama cookie! - points to where the cookie jar is.
Apple stroop - (in Dutch, apple butter) anythign that is sweet and spreadable... thanks Grandma!
Apple - apple or any fruit or berry that is red
Nana - Banana
Rin - mandarin or any fruit that is not apple or red or a banana
Bear - Pear
He has never had ice cream but knows how to say it and points it out in a book... thanks kinder garden!

What is this green thing??  Hmm... definitely not a cookie... or apple stroop...
I'm totally not a sweet tooth person so I know he does not get it from me.  Vito has a sweet tooth, but I wonder if that's just a "man" thing?

Man, Jr is a man.... baaaahahahahah I have to laugh otherwise I already feel panic and anxiety that he will want to go on a world wide trip and 'make friends' with nice exotic ladies...

I'm the reincarnation of my Great Grandmothers, and my Grandmothers and my Aunt... wait! Times TEN!

Lesson kids: Having kids is not "hard" it's dealing with your dormant craziness that inevitably surfaces triggered by childbirth that is difficult...(!!)


9 comments:

alexis November 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM  

LOL. Amen to all that and more.

cadiz12 November 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM  

Ha ha, I love that he's aware of what ice cream is without ever having tasted it!!

J {*sparklingly} November 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM  

What?! Already almost two?! Goodness.

Alla he is SO adorable and I had to laugh about him choosing mama's shoes. My mom loves telling a story about my brother not liking one of her dresses so he went into her closet, pulled it off the hanger and stuck it in the trash can (he was about 3 then). Must be a protective baby boy thing (not that it was a "racy" dress, mind you, was a typical 80's long-sleeve silk shirt dress!).

Also, HA, "nice exotic ladies". I suppose I fall into that category ;).

I want more of these dealing with Junior/motherhood posts! (I need to prepare myself ;) ).

Erica December 1, 2012 at 1:09 AM  

Ha ha!! So funny that he is so opinionated about your wardrobe!!

Also, it is so funny how kids create their own ways of communicating: shortening words, making one word represent a whole bunch of similar things. Gotta do what works!

He's a cutie! Is he having any of those 'terrible twos' episodes yet? Epps!

Emily December 1, 2012 at 2:16 AM  

Haha! What hilarious stories! Those are wise words that I'll have to remember as the time for having kids quickly approaches ;)

Alla December 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM  

J- hahah by "exotic" i meant 'exotic dancers' and such! your brother is hysterical clearly he was born to lead.

Erica - yes the terrible twos are definitely begining to manifest themselves. Just ordered the book "happiest todler on the block" - happiest baby totally worked for me, so hoping this will too.

Emily- uuuuuhhhh EXCITING!!! are you feeling peer pressure?!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) December 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM  

I can't wait for when he gets to the prudish age, around 5 or 6 years old, I think, and covers your legs, and tells you that your dress might be a bit too short. tee hee.

Francesca December 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM  

you're in luck - don't guys go to northern europe to 'make friends' with nice, blond, tall ladies? :)

Alla December 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM  

GG - haha ... i've switched over to appropriate for my stature in life skirts or just below the knee... also i guess i realized that it's the length that makes me look tallest- but i'll call it "appropriate" dressing.

Francesca - i'm feeling a panic attack coming on....

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP