Giddy for Gidsy!

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My absolute favorite thing about travel is meeting people who live in those destinations and if they take me somewhere they love to go... well I'll just be giddy from such luck!

That is why I thing Gidsy is PURE GENIUS!!!  Think Etsy but for Activities!!!!

I tell you a secret.  Once upon a time when I lived in NYC, I wanted to start a walking tour company.  Then I took a huge shotgun and shot myself in the foot about 38 times.  (Over thinking things like, nyc tourism activity permit, insurance, taxes, etc, etc, etc...)

Now for example, you're on your way to Amsterdam and you're walking around taking in the sites.  You come across one of the many picturesque canals and see lovely house boats.  You lean accross the bridge railing wistfully thinking... "Oh if I only knew someone who lived on such a boat, they could invite me over and I can see what it's like inside..."

Well GUESS WHAT!?  Few clicks on Gidsy and you're in!!!!  I myself have not used it yet, but the next time I'm going somewhere I can't wait to give this a try!  As for the house boat dinner, a total MUST quintessential Amsterdam.


Eat Dutch stew with houseboat crew! by Mark & Cynthia V. on Gidsy.com

Security declaimer: of course the jaded New Yorker in me is screaming not to go into any stranger's house as it could end in a bloody mess.... but I realize that it's a personal problem to work out privately with my team of psychologists so for now I tell the voice to shut it, and enjoy life ;)

Where would you take a tourist to in your town?

6 comments:

J {*sparklingly} November 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM  

Oooo, am totally intrigued by this, thanks for sharing! I had never heard of it before but bookmarking it for future travels. I might not host an activity for tourists (because like you, am scared about potentially bloody ending), but would definitely consider purchasing an activity while traveling abroad (particularly that houseboat thing!).

Not sure what I might offer to someone who comes to NYC that they wouldn't have already thought of before, but something that has to do with farmer's markets and picnics might be high on the list.

Alla November 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM  

Actually what a great idea, farmer market to buy local yummies then a picnic in the park with a sparkling local! I think tourists would love that! AND you'll be in well lit crowded areas at all times ;)

alexis November 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM  

interesting! I am a little leery about going to the example you posted but I gotta say intrigued is absolutely the word. Thanks for sharing.

Katie November 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM  

Hi Ale! This is Katie, Gidsy's Community Manager. I came across your blog and wanted to say hello & thank you for your great post, and your kind words about Gidsy! So cool that you shared the House Boat activity - Mark and his family are such a friendly bunch.

I'm really happy you found us, and like what we're building. We'd love to welcome you (and the other lovely commenters on this post) to our community! There are plenty of really fun activities happening every day that you can book, and we're always looking for enthusiastic & passionate people to organize events, too.

Thanks again, and if you want to say hello you can reach me - katie at gidsy dot com. I'd love to hear from you!

Alla November 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM  

Thanks for stopping by Katie!

Francesca November 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM  

Never heard of it. I wonder if I should list MY house for private viewings! It would ensure at least that we keep it clean and tidy :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP