Mangez moi...mangez moi...mangez-moiiiaaaa

>> Monday, January 22, 2007

I was grooming the Domestic Goddess in me again yesterday... and voila'!

First time I tried them, and they came out super yummy AND it was pretty easy. (Ok, fine, the truth is that I 'smoked' my cuisineart food processor, but it was old anyway, and the smell of burned plastic only lingered in the house for a few hours... anyway I ended up having to mix the almond paste with sugar by hand!)


I know you'all going to ask for a recipe, and I'm not even going to pretend to know what I'm doing. I just used goodle and looked around a bit. I choose my recipe based on shortness and ingredient count. The shorter and the less ingredients is the one I always choose. In this case I used this recipe. I liked it because it uses NO FLOUR! (And we all know flour is devil... especially white flour.)

I'm happy to find out that Nico thinks making cookies is magic. FINALLY! Really, him and I were literally fighting for elbow space in the kitchen. I realized his "I can't cook at all" basically equals mine "I'm a cook!". CAN YOU BELIEVE!?! So there I was thinking that impressing him will be a piece of cake, but after he orchestrated a gorgeous paella velenciana I realized this was going to be no easy task!! Whatever happened to the good old days when men set in front of the tele and watched whatever while us women would do our wonders in the kitchen and they'd totally WORSHIP us for making yummy food... Since when did they get off the couch migrate into the kitchen and started making suggestions!!!!????

haha JUST KIDDING! I'm not trying to revert us back to stone age...

Though why can't men understand that while we want them spending as much time in the kitchen as we do, we still would like to receive ALL the praise and worship for being domestic goddesses!!!!!! OKAY!???? Is that so difficult!????


I guess men would want the recognition for being good cooks too... but we ALREADY praise them for being: strong, smart, brave, rich....

There's the modern world for ya, both men and women are afraid to loose their spot in the world. We already don't have to talk or see each other to work, we don't have to touch each other to have children... soon we won't need to eat or breathe... we're done, we're allll soooo done!!!!

Yes, Mondays are dramatic and stressful days for me as you can see...

6 comments:

vespa-rosso,  January 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM  

I like how your posts seem light and airy but then at the end you pack a wallop -- good observations, although I'm more than happy to let il siciliano work his culinary magic in my kitchen while I relax and watch Gilmore Girls :). Also, I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I don't need to eat -- that being said, want to send some pignoli cookies my way? :)

Monz,  January 22, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

Do you ship overnight?

Alessandra,  January 22, 2007 at 10:29 PM  

WAW TWO CUSTOMERS!!!! :)))

you really trust my cooking abilities?

cadiz12 January 23, 2007 at 12:33 AM  

i can attest that ale is a fabu cook. where are my cookies?

vespa-rosso,  January 23, 2007 at 4:23 AM  

see what you started, silly girl? tempting us with your culinary delights :)

ale January 23, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

hahhaa piu!!! maybe that's why nico doesnt mind cooking! BAD TV!! nooooow i get it!

maybe i can pop a good dvd movie and that'll get him out of my way- then i'll prob complain how he doesnt want to cook... yes we women are tough to understand

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP