>> Friday, February 2, 2007


How sweeeeeeeeet! How cute is Nico!?!!!
I was all giggly all day! Awww!! Don't you just luuuuuve being in luuuuuve!!?!!!!
(Yes my assistants are distributing barf bags and you'll get yours in a second.)
Guys in NY totally lack any kind of finesse. True, they're spoiled because lots of girls here just hang themselves on them, but still!!!
I remember from my wild times of living in the city, one guy decided to be elegant and after and evening full giggling on the roof of a popular local bar, to walk me home. On the way there he ducked into a local deli "to grab us a few Snapples" but emerged with a bouquet of little pink roses with red trim. Very nice! At that point I decided that should he ask me out, I would say yes! After all, he was cute, polite and now even sweet!
He apparently had different ideas, and thought the bouquet of roses would actually get him and invitation to come upstairs! Um... r-u-kidding!? Anyway, we had a nice good night kiss at the building door and after he tried a bunch of times to ask me what my apartment number was, he decided to give up. He did say that he'll be back to wait for me underneath the building and sooner or later I would agree to invite him up. At which point I was VERY glad that the building we were standing next to wasn't even MINE! (Always use the building around the corner for such purposes!)
Though the question still stands, what the heck was so difficult in asking me for my number and taking me out to a few dinners? Yes it would have been a bit of a time investment on his part, but that's just the bare minimum come on! Anyway, living in NYC and meeting all these boys that didn't even want to risk a time investment of 3 weeks and perhaps $300 worth of dinners, I realized that I would only take a guy seriously if saw some investments!
That's why it was SO easy to fall for Nico so fast, even to MEET me for the first time he had to cross the Big Water on an Iron Bird!

7 comments:

cadiz12 February 2, 2007 at 10:26 PM  

awwww. that is so adorable.

and it was smart you didn't let that weirdo figure out where you lived.

ale February 2, 2007 at 10:44 PM  

thanks girls, little sugar plum ferries are still dancing in my head.... wait... those are there all the time.. never mind

Un-Swiss Miss February 3, 2007 at 12:39 AM  

Ohhh... *Swoons.*

Very nice, Ale. Nico's a keeper! I have been curious how you met him...

Good trick with the wrong building. I've done it a few times myself!

highcontrast February 3, 2007 at 1:31 AM  

um, where were the assistants when i had to endure the barf-ola-ness FIRST HAND last night?

the snapple-rose bouquest switcharoo was damn classy, i must say. i like that guy, too.

Alessandra,  February 3, 2007 at 11:45 PM  

swiss miss - i met nico through my work, well, virtual office space lets say: http://sempreprimavera.blogspot.com/2005/10/soy-loca-soy-loquita.html

highcon- i cant believe you thought that was barf worthy, i didnt even do my giggling bit...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP