SemprePrimavera explains Valentine's Day

>> Monday, February 12, 2007

Yeah it's way to early this Monday morning to be thinking about Valentine's Day (VD) but since I've been up for hours already, it's not too early for me to give an opinion.

Personally I think the whole concept is ridiculous! Having to be romantic on a particular day in a particular way basically negates the meaning of what Romance is!!! Romance is supposed to posses the three "S's": Sspontaneous, Ssurprising and Simply delicious! So I'm personally completely against this ridiculous thing that VD stands for.

However..!

We live in a society that places some kind of importance or status on this day weather we like to admit it or not. Ignoring the day... may just arise confusion. I remember my very first Valentine's with my very first boyfriend (at sixteen). I had the idea to take the day as a joke, so I gave him silly boxers with mickey mouse and hearts on them. His reaction: "oh no! now I won't be able to show your gift to my MOM!" Apparently his mom asked what he was giving me (which was a stuffed animal - why I don't know because I never liked stuffed animals) and would be curious as to what I gave as a gift. So basically Valentine's in our society is some kind of "show and tell" about what my girlfriend/boyfriend got me.

Now that we know the rules, we can play.

So:
Explanation: VD is a day on which you publicly confirm the fact that you have a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Now that we know VD has absolutely nothing to do with the romantic feelings that you both have for each other, we can pick out the GIFT accordingly.

Figure out at what stage of the relationship you are in and what would be an appropriate gift. One that you can talk about with all the nosey relatives, co-workers or friends that are looking out for your best interest and want to make sure your man/woman is treating you correctly.

BTW have you ever wondered why flowers get delivered to the girls' office instead of bringing them to the house in the evening? Easy- so she can display them on her table in front of co workers. Duh!

And guys, as always "the bigger the better" rule applies, yes of course women compare.
In case you are wondering, yes I did follow my own advice. My gift can be easily discussed in the office, with friends AND (as I learned my lesson) with MOM also!
Made 'em myself obviously, first time too!

7 comments:

Alessandra,  February 12, 2007 at 4:17 PM  

there is a formula to EVERYTHING

jazz February 12, 2007 at 6:07 PM  

HATE the holiday. hate it.

Mrs. Mogul February 12, 2007 at 7:54 PM  

I think it's a great excuse to eat cookies, ice cream and chocolate. I hate the holiday too and have written a draft on how it sucks. LOL

cadiz12 February 12, 2007 at 8:07 PM  

i always thought "VD" was primarily used to describe what happens to those with dangerous sexual behaviors.

those are some goodlooking cookies, though.

ale February 12, 2007 at 8:19 PM  

haha cadiz, i knew VD had a strange ring to it... could not figure out why that was, now you reminded me!!!

oh no mrs. mogul- so valentine sucks even after you get married?? oiii wayyy

December_starlet,  February 14, 2007 at 3:46 AM  

I totally agree with u Ale!!

Jessica February 14, 2007 at 3:15 PM  

i bought Jon a heart shaped pez dispenser

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP