Pretties in PA!

>> Sunday, October 16, 2005


The day was gorgeous! After 8 days of continuous rain, the sun was out and it felt like early fall should feel like. Wallstr and I met with other friends that were driving in from Jersey at a lodge for breakfast. (Coffee!)

First of all I must come clean and say that these are not my original pictures, because I forgot my camera!!! My only excuse that It was 6.30 in the morning and we were already on the road. However, I found these pictures on the web, and they could as well have been taken by me.

These both are along the Delaware River.


Pennsylvania is a very pretty state. I remember when I lived in Chicago, I have driven to NY a couple of times; PA was always the highlight of the trip. After the flats of Iowa and them other in between states, reaching PA was like driving into a new country, with great views of the mountains, lots of greens and glimpses of rivers. Driving through there you feel as if you are borrowing (the road) from Nature. Once I got caught in a rain storm that made driving over 5 mph impossible. I think that was a "friendly" reminder.

We saw a few farms along the way. I've never actually lived on one, but I've mentioned it before, for some reason I feel it would be the most idyllic lifestyle. I like getting up super early in the morning. Manual labor is totally refreshing and gives you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I think I should go on one of those "experience" vacations to a farm, maybe I won't feel the same... but for now it remains an exotic dream. (Along with a HOT farmer boy husband... who got two sexy brothers... remember Bananza...dumdarrarum-dum!)


We also stopped by a nice market where we saw cute and friendly pumpkins. Actually, everything in PA is nice, cute and friendly!
On the drive back, (pretty late) we totally made sure our car doors were LOCKED. For some reason, being in the middle of dark farm lands is more scary to me then driving through some areas in the city in the middle of the night. This is the type of behavior that my friends exhibit when they visit me in NY. I guess it takes some time for city girls to get used to this whole nature thing...

Lesson kids: there's is NO shame in constantly checking your car's back seat for ghosts and monsters as you drive through PA in the middle of the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP