The switch

>> Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So here we are. I remember two years ago, as if it were yesterday, me standing outside of a UPS Store near Union Square during my lunch hour and talking on the phone with Cadiz. Well, YELLING would be more accurate since its a pretty bustling corner with passing by cars, loud NYU students and the regular hordes of lunch hour people ready to kill each other to win the race called 'who buys their lunch and gets back to their cubicle the fastest'. Anyway, there I was standing and yelling with Cadiz.

Ale: Something has GOT to change!!

Cadiz: Tell me about it girl, dungeon sucks!

Ale: Well, I'm supposedly in the center of the world right now, but I'll gladly switch with anyone anywhere.

Cadiz: you and your distaste of NYC...

Ale: I just CANNOT stand it!!

Cadiz: Well I know how you feel, I hate the dungeon... you know I've been thinking about starting a blog to bitch about it. Hey! YOU should start one to bitch about NY!

Ale: What the heck is a blog??! (come-on that was 2 yrs ago!)

(cadiz explains)

Ale: Hmm... writing about how much I hate NY would just be too easy, maybe I need to do one about how much I LOVE it.

Cadiz: haha! you're crazy!

Ale: Seriously, I can challenge myself to write everyday about something that completely pissed me off but turn it around by finding something beautiful about it. And maybe, this will help me to actually see NY in a good light... it's all about attitude.

Cadiz: oh, this I have got to see!

And so SemprePrimavera was started. "Spring Forever" to signify that if we want we can carry that spring time energy and the positivity all year long. Did it work? Yes in fact! In my efforts to change my perception of NY and to make myself like it, I found new friends, new appreciation of the city, actually went on dates.... basically really put myself in a good mood!

And you know what happens when you are in a good mood and think positively??? As the tagline above asks, "What exactly happens when you start believing that anything is possible?" Well now we can answer that: anything becomes possible!

I do confess to have "cheated" a bit, I did pray as well to get extra energy for all this positivity... but why not get some Devine help as well!?

Anyway to make the long story short, I'm shipping out to "Nicoland" next month! yeeeeha!

Its like that isn't it... once you let youself dream up all kinds of things... they start to happen... a month after I decided to just be positive... I found out work was sending me on a trip to Europe! Then, once let go of the idea that I'll never find the perfect guy, I started dating everyone and anyone letting even Grandma to set me up... I started concentrating on just having a good time and finding something good and positive in everyone... and then bam! comes Nico out of nowhere! Literally!!! That was just about a year after starting the blog and the "sempre primavera movement" :)

The reason I'm changing the blog is well, firstly, sempre primavera has served its purpose, we now know what spring time energy brings, now we'll need to work on everlasting sunshine? :) Fine, spring has taken the course, we are now moving into summer... we'll be discovering how to make it Sempre Sole! For which I already have a Memo to send out!

Secondly, Nico and a whole bunch of other people will now know about it. (Names will be changed again but you'll know who is who!) Since I'm not going to be revealing to them this blog, I figured I need to just start a brand new one! And this brings me to few ground rules if you want to play:

new blog "behavior protocol"

1. don't mention this blog, pretend we all just met ;)
2. it will be a lot more personal, with pictures and all... (GASP! I feel like a flasher)
3. don't talk about "ice cream" since my PARENTS will be reading it...
4. Oh and if you are planning to link my new blog, remove "sempreprimavera" from the links

waw... sounds like it'll be kinda BOOOORING! hahahaa, probably, it'll definitely be different... seriously, I told Nico I'll be starting a blog and he loved the idea saying he'll use the comment section to tell the "REAL" story...

So since it'll be more personal... I would prefer to receive a quick email from any of you that would like to follow the story. Even if you never ever commented (I see y'all on the statcounter) just drop me a line at alegolden78 at gmail dot com and I will email you back with the new blog address!! As simple as that!

I can't wait to just start the new one already! Since I keep messing around with the header picture and the longer it goes the more I keep messing with it!

9 comments:

cadiz12 March 13, 2007 at 2:06 AM  

ah, that fateful day...

it's true, ale! even though i never could manage to put a "sempre" spin on my blog, i have seen how it's done wonders for you! i'm so happy for you and nico and i can't wait to hear all about the new life you're going to build together in nicoland, the pics, and especially HIS take on things.

hey, if your parents are reading this, does that mean i have to clean up my language if i want to be linked by you? ha ha. :) don't worry; i'll be on my best behavior.

Mike March 13, 2007 at 5:00 AM  

Oh, this will be a fun experiment... If I could do anything differently about my blog, I would go back in time and not tell my parents about it! Hopefully it goes better for you :)

Anyway, let me know if you need any last minute help setting up the new site. (Lifetime guarantee, remember?)

Cream March 13, 2007 at 10:16 AM  

Look forward to the new blog, not that there has been anything wrong with this one! Ale you ARE spring!!!!

ale March 13, 2007 at 1:46 PM  

cadiz daaaling, i HIGHLY doubt they'll be clicking on links- actually i doubt they'll even be reading what i write, i'm sure they'll just look at pictures - besides they knew about sempreprimavera but guess this wasnt interesting to them! :P

thanks viking for the lifetime guarantee!!! and that's funny, you're prob right i think i may have stuff to say that i dont want my parents to know... and i'll have to include pictures of what i ate and what is found in the grocery store for mom..

thanks cream! see you on the flipside!

Un-Swiss Miss March 13, 2007 at 4:26 PM  

Congratulations! Good luck with your move to Nicoland and I definitely want to read your new blog!

piu piu March 13, 2007 at 7:17 PM  

hey mate! i have LOADS to tell u... so i think i'll have to write u an email tomo (too personal for blog..)

please send me your new link! xxxx

Tracie P. March 13, 2007 at 9:22 PM  

happy anniversary...can't wait to see the new you!

Confessions of Cleopantha March 14, 2007 at 5:06 AM  

How beautiful.. l look forward to reading all about it! Best of luck! xo

December_starlet,  March 15, 2007 at 3:30 AM  

Its amazing that once you started blogging, you can't stop. Keep on blogging, I love ur blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP