The "immature" Book Review #1

>> Monday, March 14, 2005

Ha ha! I love having this blog because I am about to proclaim myself a WORLD ACCLAIMED LITERARY CRITIC, and there ain't much anybody can do 'bout it!

So welcome to the very first book review, hope you all will like my picks. Feel free to send requests to "my agents" and I'd be glad to review your favorite book too.

I love to read all different kinds of books. I've read many classics as well as all the Shopaholik series. I love books written by world famous writers and the very first books of "never before" writers. So anyone want to join me for a good read you're very welcome! It would be great to exchange notes.

Currently I'm reading:

"The Fifth Mountain" by Paulo Coelho
Below is a little review from Amazon since I'm not finished with the book yet....

Editorial Reviews from Amazon.com

With The Fifth Mountain, Paulo Coelho turns his talent for spiritual fiction to the story of the Biblical prophet Elijah. Like a blossoming flower, Coelho opens up the brief account of Elijah's flight from Gilead and his time in Zarephath. He deepens the prophet's character by revealing the thoughts, doubts, and discoveries that Elijah must have experienced as he struggled to find his course in life amidst the confusion of war and political turmoil. When being a prophet of the God of the Israelites is like a warrant for your death, concerns about your chosen path are sure to arise. Perhaps it is this believability in Coelho's retelling that makes it so evocative, or it may be the bit of Old Testament wisdom he brings to popular literature of the 20th century: "the words of the lord are written in the world around us. Merely be attentive to what happens in your life, and you will discover where."

Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite contemporary writers. Born in Brazil, he lived and traveled all over the world. This is his official website to check out: http://www.paulocoelho.com.br/inicio.html

"The Alchemist" is one of my absolute favorite books that I can say touched my life. I am the type of person that hardly ever takes anything seriously, but this book has really made me stop and think. I was browsing in Barns&Nobles one day and picked this book up... 3 hours later I have finished reading it. It was literally impossible to walk away from it.

Now to change direction about 180 degrees... Let's talk about what I call "sexy, fun reads".

Today my friend Wall Str and I were at Target for some "fun items" shopping, and we picked out a few books read. I got "The Devil Wears Prada" by Lauren Weisberger which I've been meaning to read it for a while now, also Dulce de Leche said it was lots of fun. It is also a very first book by Lauren so I'm excited to read it and contemplate about what it was that prompted her to write a book. You know, maybe I'll email her and ask her!!! Waw, I've never thought about doing something like that before. We all think that famous people are always busy partying or at some fabulous and important gathering... but in actuality I'm sure they have time to vege out at home maybe watch the "amazing Race" or something like that. In any case why wouldn't they want to receive an email from one of their readers!?? Ok, its officially decided, I will shoot her an email after I'm done reading the book and see what she'll have to say.

Wall Str got "Who You Know" by Teresa Alan, which she's planning on reading as she lounges by the pool and under the palm trees in the sunny Puerto Rico (YOU suck!). Of course we are planning to switch when we're done. (Cus single girls have got to watch their money- read her entry for Sunday) http://wallstr.blogspot.com

Anyone that has already read these books feel free to give a little preview... just don't tell me what happens at the end.

Hmm... now I need a good exit frase... "and have happy literary travel, see you next time..." no, I don't think so... I think Rick Steeves uses that if you take out the word "literary". We'll see maybe I'll come up with something for next time... Ciaaaaao for now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP